Monday, June 17, 2019

the pleasure of nurture

A counselling client once told me she believed middle aged women turn to one of three things: God, guilt or gardening. I choose to garden and in the words of Elvis Costello: It's been a good year for the roses, in fact it's been a great year






Maybe it's a combination of the right weather conditions or maybe I'm learning how to nurture them better, either way they give back so much pleasure for the effort I put in







They also give me the opportunity to spend time slowing down and enjoying not just the end result, but the time spent on looking after them and giving them what they need to be their best....


I'm sure there's a message in there somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves

These are unprecedented times and I can't imagine what some people are going through so this post is in no way intended to make lig...